Training and Experience
Alyssa Luboff is a philosopher and meditation guide. Alyssa is a certified energy healing practitioner of the Healing in America School of Holistic Energy Healing. She holds a Ph.D. and M.A. in philosophy from the University of Chicago and a B.A. in philosophy from Yale University. She also completed a year of undergraduate philosophy studies at the Sorbonne in France. Healing has been the primary focus of her research and development since 2014.
About Guided Meditation Sessions
Alyssa Luboff, Ph.D. conducts all guided meditation sessions online via Zoom. When you connect, you will want to be in a quiet, private space where you can easily listen to the guidance given by voice. During your session, you will sit or lie down in a comfortable position. Your eyes may be open or closed. It is often helpful to have a glass of water nearby.
Guided meditation uses sound, imagery, and breathing techniques to promote a state of deep relaxation and awareness. This state helps to heal and transform unprocessed material in the mind, body, and spirit.
A typical guided meditation session will include time at the beginning to discuss what you would like to gain from the experience as well as time at the end to discuss what came up for you during the meditation and ways to integrate your new insight and growth in your daily life.
Benefits, Limitations, and Risks
Guided meditation is complementary, not alternative therapy. It can enhance the effectiveness of conventional medicine and psychiatric care but does not replace them. It does not diagnose or offer specific cures for disease. You must see an appropriate doctor or mental health practitioner for any ailment that you have or believe you may have.
It is normal to fall asleep at times during your guided meditation session. This does not alter the effectiveness of the session, as some healing is easier to receive at an unconscious level. If you notice that you have fallen asleep or that your mind has wandered, gently bring your attention back to the guidance being given.
Treatment helps to bring your mind, body, and spirit into greater balance and harmony. This assists your own ability for self-healing. Specific responses will vary according to the person and situation; Alyssa Luboff, Ph.D. makes no guarantees or promises as to the results of your sessions. Benefits may include a greater sense of wellbeing, increased ability to “go with the flow,” improved confidence and ability to seek opportunity, clearer thinking, and greater relaxation.
Treatment may provoke a “healing crisis” – the momentary intensification of symptoms before they subside. It may also bring up inner psychic material, such as memories or feelings, that are ready for processing but may feel difficult to face.
Your experience during your session is confidential, and you have a right to view your files upon written request. Confidentiality is subject to the following exceptions:
- You may instruct Alyssa Luboff, Ph.D. to release information to other health care practitioners in writing.
- Alyssa Luboff, Ph.D. may release information if subpoenaed or otherwise legally obligated or reasonably allowed to do so (including circumstances where there is clear and imminent danger to yourself or another person).
- Your confidential personal file is kept in a secure location and is retained for a maximum of 7 years after you suspend services, after which time all information will be destroyed in a proper manner. Records for children, however, are kept indefinitely.
- Your confidentiality is always subject to the usual exclusions dictated by state and federal laws and regulations.
- You have the right to change your consent or discontinue services at any time.
- You have the right to interrupt or end a session if you feel uncomfortable.
- You have the right to express all of your feelings, thoughts, and impressions without receiving negative judgment.
- You have the right to express what is working well for you or not.
- You have the right to help tailor your treatment according to your comfort and needs.
- You are responsible for paying for services online at the time of booking.
- You are responsible for cancelling any appointment that you cannot make at least 24 hours in advance; otherwise, you are responsible for paying for the missed session in full.
- You are responsible for communicating to Alyssa Luboff, Ph.D. any difficulties or discomfort (such as a healing crisis, see “Benefits, Limitations, and Risks” above) that you experience during or after a session.
- You are responsible for seeing an appropriate medical doctor and/or mental health care practitioner for any physical or mental health problems that you are experiencing.
Acknowledgment, Liability Waiver, and Consent
By booking an online session, you give your informed consent for a guided meditation session with Alyssa Luboff, Ph.D. You agree that you have fully read and discussed the contents of this form with Alyssa Luboff and that all of your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.
You understand that Alyssa Luboff does not diagnose medical conditions, nor does she prescribe or perform medical treatment; it is your responsibility to seek appropriate medical and/or psychiatric care for any ailments that you have or believe you may have.
Except in the case of gross negligence or malpractice, you and your representative(s) agree to fully release and hold harmless Alyssa Luboff from and against any and all claims or liability of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of or in connection with your session.